Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed. You have made sure that your name is NOT INCLUDED in the file. This is not relevant to submissions of creative writing, visual arts or book reviews.).
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format. For Visual Arts, please submit any valid image format (JPEG, PNG, JPG).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal. Referencing is MLA. Where available, URLs for the references have been provided. The text is spaced with 1'15 (14 point); uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Author has included an abstract and keywords in the language of the article and in both English and Spanish.
- Author has completed his/her bio statement with institutional affiliation, rank, department, and major fields of research.
- Author has completed the sections on metadata (academic discipline and subject classifications) and has listed any supporting agencies.
Articles: Eco-Georgic: From Antiquity to the Anthropocene
Only research articles which conform to the specific CFP are accepted.
Articles: General Section
This section accepts sholarly articles on any aspect of ecocriticism and encourages submissions in the environmental humanities. Articles will be doubly blind peer reviewed.
Creative Writing and Arts
This section accepts original and unpublished works of creative writing and visual arts. Creative works should preferably reflect the special focus of the issue. Reprints can be considered in the case of creative work (writing or visual), particularly where previously published in small, local, and therefore difficult to access publications. Translations of original creative writing are also welcome. The word limit for short fiction is 3,000 and 100 lines for poetry. Images should be sent preferably in jpeg format with the following size and quality: 1500-1000 px width /jpeg quality 8/200 dpi.
Hip Hop Ecologies
This section only accepts scholarly research articles that respond to the title of the section.
Articles: Toward an Ecopoetics of Randomness and DesignThis section accepts research articles specifically addressing the topic announced.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
a) Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal (CC BY-NC for articles and CC BY-NC-ND for creative work, unless author requests otherwise.
b) Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
c) Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.